Creative Connections 0002
I should really have shared more creative connections since October of 2014 when I posted my first connection, but… Cie la vie!
Creative Connection 0002: Why People ‘snap’ so much in the USA.
Oh, sure, there is violence and craziness everywhere in the world. I won’t disagree. But today I saw a connection that our craziness is due to the fact that we have created a society of antagonistic living.
What do I mean by “Antagonistic living?” I mean we are bombarded by conflicting messages telling us what is good and right, what is fun and adventurous, what is achievable and imaginable, followed by how each can be bad and wrong.
- Ads for dieting and ads for ‘lobster fest’ back to back.
- Work hard or you are a loser. Live life to the fullest or you’re a loser.
- Sex is bad. Sex is awesome.
- Religion makes you feel great to be part of something bigger. Religion tells you are born in sin.
- Buy our cigarettes. FDA says, “Learn the real cost of smoking.”
- Love one another. Hate people who are different than us.
- “Why’d he hit me, momma?” “Oh, that little boy probably likes you is all.” “Why does my husband beat me?”
- Rich people are evil. Please donate to our cause so we can help others.
I could go on and on, but it’s these same things make me feel crazy as well.
But I’ve been told, nothing can MAKE you feel anything. It’s the way I interpret these events.
Well…I feel crazy…sometimes.
How about you?
Placing a parent in a retirement home is one of the hardest things a child has to do in life. But, it’s much harder for Rebecca – and stranger.
Some doors you can’t even find. This short story that opens the way for other times and dimensions – or at least to a field in Pettigrew, Arkansas.
Today is January 20, 2019.Yesterday, I turned fifty-three years of age.Level 53. It’s been nearly a year since I wrote a blog post. I’ve worked on some stories, however, over the past year and hope to start sharing again soon. I’ve also worked on my business, spent...
If you’ve enjoyed anything on my site, please feel free to donate what you can. In turn, I’ll continue to add content and encourage others to live a creative life! Regardless, I hope you’ve enjoyed your time. If you feel like reaching out, please do so. I'm easy to find.
Even a cup of coffee for a few dollars, or $5 for a triple grande mocha would give me some 'juice' to create for me and others.