Atlantis and The Eye of the Sahara (Richat Structure)
One of the tenants of my “First Earth” theory is that humans had risen in the ancient past vs. aliens ‘seeding’ our planet (and/or giving us the technology to advance). Some believe our history is much more vast than ever thought before. In other words, “WE are the aliens we’ve been looking for.”
I LOVE the idea of Atlantis. How so many places along the Atlantic Ocean have the letters “ATL” and some even have the ‘S” sound. While the only documented instance of Atlantis is in Plato’s dialogues “Timaeus” and “Critias,” where a recounting of a story by his grandfather who had heard it from an Athenian statesman 300 years before Plato’s time. It was said that Atlantis had become so unethical that by divine power it was swallowed by the oceans in a day and a night some 9,600 B.C. (or nearly 12,000 years ago). (source: history.com/folklore/atlantis)
Two striking things:
- Scholars say the story was a metaphor as many texts have used to show what happens when a civilization is in decline or ‘sinful.’ How a divine power strikes down cities and civilizations that go down evil or selfish paths.
- Researchers have discovered ruins after ruins dating back 12,000 and evidence of a global catastrophe that caused the planet to go into a 1000-year mini-ice age at the end of the Younger Dryas. (Golbekli Tepe and Boncuklu Tarla to name a few in Turkey)
Atlantis was said to have been built in a series of concentric circles with mountains to the north and east emptying into a bay for ships to travel. Many people have tried to find this structure to no avail. Maybe it was a volcanic island that sank. Perhaps warming temperatures caused the oceans to rise and in the instance of Atlantis something caused that city to be covered in ‘a day and a night.’
Enter a few ideas, theories, and findings;
- Evidence that a comet or asteroid hit the northern hemisphere in North America and northern Europe at the end of the Younger Dryas some 12,000. (see The case of the Younger Dryas Impact Hypothesis)
- Evidence of global flooding radiates from the northern hemisphere where tidal waves could have reached miles in height. Additionally, these waves would have then flooded backward after reaching far inland.
- The Clovis Paleo-Indian Culture of the Western Hemisphere, most mammals, and fauna became extinct nearly 12,000 years ago
- The Richat Structure’s (or Eye of the Sahara) location and satellite imagery show massive flooding from the northeast to the southwest that would have easily destroyed anything there.
When it comes to the Richart Structure, a natural structure in the Sahara), some believe it is the origin of the Atlanteans who built it. But geologists say it is a natural structure. But skeptics believe it HAD to be man-made because the Atlanteans BUILT Atlantis with their advanced technology. OR MAYBE ALIENS! GASP!
Here’s a thought (and I’m not the only one who has said it):
The Atlanteans found an amazing natural formation and decided to build on that spot (much like explorers who have built cities in locations that were scenic, interesting land formations, and where rivers joined.) “Hey, Bob! Would you look at THAT!” “Wow, Atlas. It’s three rings of land at the base of some waterfalls. How cool.” “Yeah. We should build a city there.” “Dibs! We’ll call it… Atlantis!”
Just more meandering thoughts. Gotta find evidence, but hard-pressed to find it if it’s all been washed away 12,000 years ago.
Header Image: Landsat 8 Collection 2 image was acquired over the Richat Structure near the western edge of the Sahara Desert on April 25, 2020, and is shown as a natural color composite using the red, green, and blue bands (Bands 4,3,2).